Armagh Electrical.com and Dalzell’s of Markethill play an active role in our local community and we realise that business has responsibilities within that community. That’s why we have recently developed a new relationship with the Woodland Trust. Together with our Energy Saving Trust accreditation and Time to Change Calculator, it ties in to our overall strategy of informing our customers about ways in which we can help protect our environment together.
So far we have made the following pledges:
- Dalzell’s of Markethill is supporting the Woodland Trust, the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity, by providing 14 schools in Northern Ireland with a hedge and copse packs as part of their Trees For All campaign.
- Armagh Electrical.com is also supporting the Trust by making a £1 donation for every purchase online of over £100.
* Find out more below about the Woodland Trust and how we’re working together.
The Woodland Trust
The Woodland Trust is the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity. It has 300,000 members and supporters.
Established in 1972, the Trust now has over 1,000 sites in its care covering approximately 20,000 hectares (50,000 acres). Access to its sites is free. For more information on The Woodland Trust, please visit www.woodlandtrust.org.uk
During 2007 the Trust planted more than one million native trees in the UK.
The Trust has four key aims:
- No further loss of ancient woodland
- Restoring and improving the biodiversity of woods
- Increasing new native woodland
- Increasing people’s understanding and enjoyment of woodland.
Established in 1972, the Woodland Trust now has over 1,000 sites in its care, covering approximately 20,000 hectares (50,000 acres). Access to its sites is free. For more information on The Woodland Trust, please visit www.woodlandtrust.org.uk
Trees for All!
Trees for All is the Trust’s ambitious campaign to motivate a whole generation to plant trees as part of a step towards shaping a positive future for our society.
Substantial evidence has shown the importance of woodland to our quality of life. Woods and trees improve our health by encouraging exercise and reducing stress. They improve air quality, provide shade, encourage learning and recreation, can increase property values, and above all are fun places to spend time.
To turn the vision into reality the aim is to plant 12 million trees, one for every child in the UK. This will actively involve one million children, making tree-planting a key ingredient of growing up. Experience has shown that the act of planting a tree can contribute to a life-long respect for the natural environment. The focus will be on children from urban areas, with the aim of inspiring them and giving them the confidence to visit the countryside. Further information can be found by visiting www.treeforall.org.uk
The School packs provided by Dalzell’s of Markethill also contribute towards Key Stage 2 in Science, numeracy, literacy, art and design.
Each of the Schools copse and hedge pack contain:
- 30 saplings
- Instructions on how to plant the trees
- Fascinating facts about the trees supplied
- Pupil worksheets
- Teachers’ educational notes
If you’re interested in your school receiving one of these packs in the future please contact email@example.com or visit www.treeforall.org.uk