Armagh Electrical.com and Dalzell’s of Markethill have been awarded the Energy Saving Trust’s Retailer accreditation. We are only the second retailer in Northern Ireland to achieve this and the first online business to do so. The Energy Saving Trust’s accreditation recognises:
- our staff’s training
- our range of energy efficient products
- our commitment to the environment andthe goals set by the trust.
What is The Energy Saving Trust?
The Energy Saving Trust (EST) is a non-profit organisation whose activities are jointly sponsored by the British Government and the private sector. Its purpose is to contribute to the fight against climate change by promoting energy conservation and sustainable use of energy, thereby helping to reduce the UK’s carbon footprint.
The Trust was established in the wake of the 1992 Earth summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with the goal of achieving a 20% reduction in UK CO2 emissions by 2010 based on 1990 levels.
What the trust does
The Energy Saving Trust has a wide range of activities and responsibilities. These include consumer level advice on recycling and conservation, fleet management guidance, advice for industry, community initiatives, policy analysis, and research.
Last year the Energy Saving Trust provided advice for around one million UK households on how to become more energy efficient.
The Energy Saving Trust’s evaluation and accreditation of domestic appliances has helped push electrical manufacturers to achieve better and better efficiencies. The aim is to ensure that manufacturers can display the Trust’s famous blue sticker on their latest model.
What you can do
Purchasing a domestic appliance that has been awarded Energy Saving Trust accreditation will save you energy, money and the environment – it’s simply the smarter choice. Armagh Electrical.com has a special ‘Buy Greener’ section on this website that only features appliances that have achieved this accreditation. Alternatively, visit Dalzell’s of Markethill.
Small changes can make a big difference!
Even the smallest changes can make a big difference when we act together. Simply choosing one appliance over another can save you money – and by default, energy – helping to protect our environment.
Here are some facts from the Energy Saving Trust that show how having the right information about products and taking action together can make a difference to the environment:
- A new efficient washing machine will use 30% less energy, saving you £11 a year and the environment 45Kg in CO2 emissions.
- A modern ‘A’ rated dishwasher will use 40% less energy than an average ten-year- old model, saving you £23 a year and the environment 90kg in CO2 emissions.
- Modern refrigeration uses 60% less energy than an average ten-year-old appliance, which translates to £39 and 142Kg of CO2 savings a year for a fridge freezer.
- If we all committed to replacing our inefficient appliances in the UK – 43 million of them in all! – together we’d save enough energy to fully power two million homes for an entire year. Quite a thought...
If you wish to visit the Energy Saving Trust website for useful tips, advice and to do your part for the environment and register your commitment to the 20% reduction target.