Dalzells are the largest
Independent Home Appliance Retailer in Northern Ireland
First and foremost we're a family business with a set of business values you'd like to expect but don't always get nowadays. So, before you purchase from us, let us get introduced - With more than 55 years of expertise in home appliances you can count on Dalzells to deliver!
Dalzell's of Markethill were established in 1956 at what is known commonly as The Square in the market town of Markethill in Co. Armagh by the legendary Noel Dalzell and his quick witted wife Evelyn as a household furnisher. Business wasn't easy at first and in the opening week Noel had barely sold a stick of furniture and had taken the sum of 15'6 , the equivalent of 80 Pence in today's money and it seemed likely that the venture would meet an early end. Saturday came and late that afternoon a Mr Richardson and his new wife arrived at the store and purchased furniture and homewares to meet all the needs of their new home in just a few hours.
From these humble beginnings and through ample hard work, keen minds and an innate ability to communicate with customers they laid the foundations for rapid expansion and they were soon moved purchased extensive new premises on Main Street which is still our location today. There they extended their business to agricultural supplies and they growing market that was home appliances. Indeed such was the growth of home appliances that Dalzells were soon the official wholesalers for leading brands like Electrolux and Servis. They even began importing premium appliance brands such as Smeg from Italy to Ireland for the first time as their sole distributor.
The generations in the business have changed today with Trevor, Noel and Evelyn's son at the helm but the solid traditions of good retail practices that has helped build the business and which were also part of its original logo are as strong now as they were then - Quality | Value | Service
What you want!
- The Best Prices, we deal directly and in bulk with our suppliers to deliver huge savings directly to you. What's more we're more than willing to do a deal with you and discount!
- A Huge Choice, you won't be catalogue browsing at Dalzells we display more than than 650 Kitchen Appliances (including 50+ Range Cookers and 30+ American Fridge Freezers), 100 Fires & Stoves and 70 TVs from all the leading and niche brands!
- No Need To Wait, with 7,000+ large Home Appliances in stock you won't be waiting on your goods being ordered in. Take it home today or have us deliver it for you.
- Free Delivery, across Northern Ireland and Counties Monaghan, Louth and Dublin in Ireland.
- Free Collection and Recycling, of your old appliance on a like for like basis. See Delivery
- Trusted Established Family Business, with more than 55 Years of expertise who appreciate your business!
- Expert Advice, from an experienced team who know what they're talking about.
- Convenient, order in-store, on the phone and online!
- Secure, we use Paypoint 3D Encryption Technology to ensure your details and transcation is safe.
What we won't do!
- We won't criticise a brand or product like many of our competitors do because we can't get it or don't have it. Why? Because the likely hood is that we will have it and besides it's in our interest to help you find the perfect appliance to meet your needs. We want happy customers!
- We won't accept orders from you and charge your card for appliances we don't have in stock without speaking to you first.
- We won't turn our back on you the moment we deliver your goods. We will continue to look after you once you've purchased your appliance, this includes booking a service call on your behalf if the need arises and provide you with a replacement receipt should you require one.
Our team are all highly experienced and expertly trained to offer you the best advice possible when choosing appliances for your home. Indeed this has been recognised by many of the biggest manufacturers and industry bodies.
We at Dalzells have been accredited as an Energy Saving Trust Retailer, UK Digital Advice Centre, Hotpoint Expert Centre, Bosch VIP Partner, Electrolux Select Centre, Siemens Built-In & Freestanding Specialist, Falcon | Rangemaster Design Centre, Miele Partner, Belling | Stoves Range Centre and we are also a Neff Accredited Appliance Retailer.
Should the need ever arise we will happily arrange a service call on your behalf and issue you a fresh receipt for your appliance should you have lost the original one and require it for your warranty.
We make all our own deliveries in Northern Ireland and Counties Monaghan, Louth and Dublin in Ireland. Within this delivery zone you can be sure that you'll have your appliances put exactly where you want them, checked over and we will even take away all that packaging if that's what you want. Visit our delivery section for more details.
We're reasonable people and we are happy to listen to you, if you have any problems, even with a manufacturer give us a call. We may be able to help or state your case to a higher authority if you feel you are not being heard.
In these difficult times trust is everything. Our being in business for more than 55 years and excellent reputation is the kind of reassurance you need in these uncertain times.
Dalzell's of Markethill and Armagh Electrical.com are members of RETRA the Radio, Electrical and Television Retailers Association. RETRA is the leading trade association for independent electrical retailers in the UK. Our membership of RETRA gives you confidence in our ability to deliver fantastic service on a personnel level. Click here to visit the RETRA website.
Euronics or CIH as it is sometimes known is the largest electrical buying group in Europe. Euronics has a presence in more than 25 European countries and it boasts nearly 8,900 participating outlets. Although our membership of Euronics is important to us at Armagh Electrical.com and Dalzell's of Markethill we more often than not do our own deals with manufacturers directly. Very few retailers in the UK have the buying power or the confidence of manufacturers to do this.
The Energy Saving Trust or EST is an independent, not for profit organisation. Their mandate within the electrical appliance trade is to motivate manufacturers, retailers and consumers to the benefits of thinking & acting in a way that encourages environmentalism. Dalzell's of Markethill and Armagh Electrical.com are only the second retailer and the first online retailer in Northern Ireland to be accredited by them. Click here to learn more about the Energy Saving Trust and our work with them.
Digital UK has approved Armagh Electrical.com and Dalzell's of Markethill as one of it's approved advice centres for the digital switchover. All our home entertainment staff are trained digital advisors and are happy to answer your questions. Click here to find out more about the digital switch over where you live and what it means for you.
Time to Change or T2C is an initiative sponsored by AMDEA – The UK trade association for manufacturers of large and small domestic appliances. They wish to promote through the Time to Change Calculator the potential savings both financial and environmental of switching to a more efficient appliance. In this we, Armagh Electrical.com and Dalzell's of Markethill support them whole heartedly. Armagh Electrical is only the second retailer in the UK and the first independent to have the Time 2 Change Calculator featured on their website. To try the Time to Change Calculator click here.
'Recycle-More' is a fun and interactive website that will provide you with fun and useful information on how to be more environmental during your everyday activities. It'll not only provide details on your nearest recycling point but provide helpful and educational features for business (CSR), schools and your own home. 'Recycle-More' is truly a one stop recycling information centre. Dalzell's of Markethill and Armagh Electrical.com contribute financially to Recycle-More through our subscriptions to Valpak and the Distributor Take back Scheme. Click here to learn more and visit their site.
Dalzell’s of Markethill have accepted an invitation by the Northern Ireland Energy Agency to partner in the EU funded ‘Promotion 3e’ campaign. Promotion 3e has a goal to reduce the energy consumption of domestic electrical appliances by encouraging and informing consumers with the help of a select group of influential electrical retailers from across Europe.